“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Benjamin Franklin said that long ago, but at Salt Lake Dental Care in Murray UT, we know it still applies to many aspects of modern life, like keeping your smile beautiful and healthy.
Keeping your teeth healthy is done most effectively with preventative measures. Some of the most important guidelines are highlighted here.
1. Make a habit of brushing your teeth. Do it twice a day for 2 minutes. Be sure to use an ADA approved toothpaste and toothbrush.
2. Don’t forget to floss! Flossing between your teeth daily will do wonders for your smile, and keep your gums healthy too.
3. Wear a protective mouthguard whenever you play sports, or are engaged in an activity where your mouth could be damaged.
4. Don’t smoke. As if you needed yet another reason not to!
5. Avoid piercing your lips, tongue, cheek, or any other part of your mouth. Piercings put you at greater risk for chipped teeth, infection and nerve damage. It’s a dubious fashion that you should avoid.
6. Stay away from snacks that have a lot of sugar or starch.
7. Schedule regular dental visits, of course!
At Salt lake Dental Care, helping our patients establish good habits is important. So is helping them achieve the smile they want with cosmetic dentistry procedures, such as porcelain veneers, teeth whitening, and dental implants. Schedule an appointment with us today.
Contact Salt Lake Dental Care – Clint Blackwood DDS:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
279 E 5900 S Ste 202